Workspace One UEM Tips And Tricks
This blog contains a few Workspace One UEM Tips and Tricks to make your IT-project to a great success!
- While configuring the Unified access gateway, use a domain service account to establish to connection between the UAG Service (tunnel) and the Workspace One console. While using a local system account, which has been created within the UEM console. By default the password expires after 90 days. After rebooting the Unified access gateway, connections will be dropped.
- Make always a child organization group and configure company settings within this organization. While facing problems, you can always change the above setting (parent)
- Applications created in the child organization cannot be shared with other organizations.
- Applications created from the highest level (parent) can be enrolled or assigned to child organizations or groups
- You need a Azure AD Premium P1 License to provide OOBE (out of the box experience) in combination with Windows 10
- Use the same password policies within your profile and the default domain policy
- Use the Workspace One UEM Enterprise App Repository to create the most common applications. This app Repository uploads automatically the right installer with additional parameters. A Great tool!
- Make sure that the “When to call install complete” condition has been set correctly. While not set, the install of the application will be failed.
- Chrome OS device profile will be listed after integrate your google account with workspace One
- Since the new release, applications and Weburls can be combined within the Workspace one HUB.
- While using multiple Organization groups, map the right domain within Workspace One Access, otherwise web apps will not be showing, see my blog about it
Enroll Office 365 With UEM
Make first your configuration XML at the website https://config.office.com/
Due the maximum size deployment of installers are limited to 200 MB, The best way to deploy Office 365 would be local. With the additional parameter “/configure” installation files would be downloaded directly from Microsoft.
!Ask VMware Support to increase the upload limit to a maximum of 500MB
|setup.exe /configure configuration.xml
|setup.exe /configure uninstall.xml
|When to call install complete
|File exists – C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE
Run a powershell script
In order the run a powershell script, specify if the script must be executed from the user or device. In order to satisfy the “When to call complete Value” you can create a registry key from your script. This is quite important when using the auto deploy option from UEM. The next application will not be installed if the current hasn’t completed.
|User or Device
|Yes or no
|powershell -executionpolicy bypass -nologo -NoProfile -file virtualblog.ps1